20 March 2016

A Bag of Goodies (Part 2)

Sorry all, been pretty slack with my follow up post. 

Like anybody would, I went through the bag as soon as I got it home, but it took a while to find time to take the pictures for this post so apologies for that.

As I mentioned in my last post, I paid NZ$10 for a large bag of what looked like an airport themed play set of some kind, but even though the bag was big and see through, it wasn't entirely clear just what was usable.

Sifting through it, I've discarded about a quarter of the contents - mainly vehicles which are the wrong scale or items that have no practical use for a zombie game.

But without further ado, here are some pictures of what is usable...




This is about half of what is probably usable within the bag.



Here are some barricades, with a Zombicide zombie as a reference. Useful for street clutter if nothing else. I got about 20 of the grey ones and 10 of the yellow and black ones. We've come up with some rules for barricades in our game, so these will be perfect to try out for that purpose.


Hmm... Shiny. If I give these a repaint I think they can be useable as searchlights. I'm thinking an army outpost with these, sand bags and such coming under attack from a swarm of undead. Maybe some kind of night time mission where the undead are attracted to the lights and the survivors need to kill the switch... possibilities.




All manner of street debris - signs, lights and oil drums - some are perhaps a bit too big but I'm sure they are still usable. I'll take the stickers off the larger signs and use them for billboards and such, the satellite dishes could be used for objectives and digital sky dishes on the side of buildings etc. 
Some possibilities there I think.






These are obviously part of some kind of kit in which you can build an airport hanger. The scale is slightly off - but the plan is to remove the stickers and use them as some sort of small office spaces or add them to other buildings. No concrete plans as of yet, but there is some potential there I think.

All in all, for $10 I don't think I can really complain. No doubt most of this stuff will be absorbed into our scenery and I'll show you what I do with the various parts in the future.

As mentioned in my previous post - whilst the selection of 'modern' terrain is growing all the time, it is still quite expensive and it can never hurt to look in second hand shops to see what they are selling. It may need a bit of work, a repaint or cutting or filing, but toys and parts are more than usable for the purpose.

3 comments:

  1. That is quite a treasure haul. Pound stores or dollar stores are great sources for gaming items at very cheap prices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent haul dude! That had some great stuff in it, very usable too. I try to find a lot of my stuff either very cheaply or free.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, good haul bro, very usable stuff there for very little outlay. Like the frugal gaming, something I often try but fail to do

    ReplyDelete